Dear Mom,
We've never had a healthy relationship growing up... I don't know why. I've just never been able to actually sit down and talk to you about the way that I feel. I know I've tried sometimes, multiple times actually... Each time I either just grew frusterated and stopped talking or I just ended up crying myself to sleep. I don't know what it is... Maybe it's the communication barrier. Maybe it's the fact that I can't fully express myself in Vietnamese, and you can barely understand English. Maybe it's the fact that I'm afraid of what you'd think... Maybe, just maybe, it's the fact that I'm afraid that you don't really care. *sigh* I just wish I could talk to you... I wish I could tell you everything. You've often said that I care more about my friends than I do about you, and sometimes, I feel it's true. Sometimes, I feel like they love me waaayy more than you do/ever have. I know for a fact that they definitely know more about me than you do/ever will... and I don't know how long it'll stay that way. My friends are always there... You're not. And as much as I love you, I honestly don't think we could ever be that close... It sucks, doesn't it?
Love always,
Your daughter
i feel you 100% on this mama.
ReplyDelete<3 dont worry. ALOT of people do.
but i've learned, you cant force something that should be natural!