... are the things other people cherish dearly. I just read this amazing story on AOL News about a guy who was born with a birth defect, leaving him with only a thumb on his right hand. Throughout high school, he learned to adapt to his condition while playing for his high school orchestra and starting on his high school lacrosse team. Two weeks before his graduation, he was introduced to a new technology, a bionic hand, which would allow him to move each of the fingers individually. Something as simple as pouring a glass of water to drink was an emotional thing for him, because he was learning how to do it for the first time.
Watching the video really touched me... It made me think about how I really do take for granted the simple things in life: drinking clean water, eating good food, being able to bathe, having a bed to sleep in, having nice clothes, etc. I think a lot of us do... and I think we all need to take the time to appreciate the little things that we have, because somewhere out there in the world, another person is being deprived of it.
Read more about this story here.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Tell me about them below.