Ok, so Leah posted this link on her Facebook recently, and I decided to skim over it a little bit... Pamela Anderson is gorgeous, btw... Even if her boobs are fake. So basically, this article talks about how all animals have the same parts and how animals have feelings, lives, families, and etc. too. It even mentions how over 90% of the world's meat comes from factory-farm animals or something like that, and it claims that those animals are mistreated and are deprived of everything that is natural to them. As I was reading, I couldn't help but feel as if the author of the article added some extra ughh to the article to make the situation seem more serious than it really is...
I'm sorry, but I could never be a vegetarian.
The idea sounds nice and all, but I just don't think I could ever give up meat. I'm a person who loves animals, like "Omg, it's so cute!" but if I'm starving and that's what's there, I'm gonna eat it...With no remorse. I'm also a person that believes that animals were put on this earth for a reason... for us to eat! Cows were made for us to be able to eat steak and hamburgers and all that other stuff that comes from a cow. Chickens were made for us to have the wings and the legs and the breasts that we want... The nuggets and the tenders and the fingers that we want. Pigs were made for us to have bacon and short ribs and etc. Turkeys were made for Thanksgiving and to use as a pork alternative. The list goes on and on.
All you "Go Green" people could preach to me for days and days for the rest of my life, and I STILL wouldn't change my mind about eating meat... I don't care how much they've been tortured. At the end of the day, it feeds me, and I'm absolutely satisfied. If I sound selfish and/or evil, ohh, fucking well.
Anyway, if you're interested, read the article here.
Hahaa.. this was so me! But then I got a little more interested in it.. and just decided to only chicken.. since that's all I really eat anyways. Chicken sandwhichs, chicken wing, chicken breast, chicken burritos.. on and on.. lol
ReplyDeleteI am on day 5 of no eating meat, and it feels reallllly good. It's hard when I know I could break away and eat whatever I want, but there are so many tasty alternatives! No, it's not easy but it makes me feel a lot more ethical. I am a huge animal lover and I have always struggled with eating meat. But to each her own. :)
ReplyDelete