Friday, June 18, 2010

Good reads.

I always claim reading as one of my hobbies when the truth is I don't even read books like that... I spend most of my time reading blog posts, Facebook statuses, comments, etc. Well, right now, I have an opportunity to read a lot. Nashville Public Library is hosting this summer reading competition where kids, teens, and adults have the chance to win different prizes. I heard about it when I was at Leah's house. I found the flyer thingymajigg on her table. Well, I registered online today, and for now, it says I only have to read 10 hours. My sister's already read 7... and I've read 3. I really need to start reading some more!

My question to you guys is:
What are some good books out there to read?

I bought a book from the library the other day for $1. It's called Things Left Unsaid. It sounded like a really good book, so I figured "Hey, why not buy it?" While reading through one of my old Xanga's, I found that I once read this book called Speak. If I remember correctly, I really enjoyed reading that book... Maybe I'll check it out again and give it another read. It'll almost be like the very first time reading it, since it's been a good 4 years since I read that book.

Right now, I'm reading Mountains Beyond Mountains by Tracy Kidder. It's a park of the Life of the Mind program all incoming freshmen of the University of Tennessee have to participate in. The book is about a doctor who cures illnesses in the poor, desolate country of  Haiti. It's pretty good so far... Then, again, I'm only on Chpt 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Tell me about them below.