"He that saith he is in the light, and hateth his brother, is in darkness even until now." - 1 John 2:9
... One of the two scriptures I have been meditating on. I know and realize that hating my brother is not rightstanding with God. I don't hate him... I just really don't like him. He gets on my nerves so much! ... but I know I need to be patient with him. I know that in order for me to become a better person, I need to work on my attitude and alter my way of thinking. I know that I will not get far in life if I continue to let his childish antics affect me.
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." - 1 John 2:15
... The other scripture I have been meditating on. A couple of weeks ago, I answered a question on Formspring about the three things of mine that I love. On Sunday, we discussed the flood in church and how people were so lost and so sad because of their stuff. This scripture comes into play, because my pastor, Darrion's dad, said that anything that they lost in the flood was just stuff... Stuff lost for a reason; stuff that can be replaced. He said that we should all be thankful and grateful that God spared our lives from the storms. Upon hearing that, I realized that I have a lot of physical attachments that I need to get rid of.
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." - 1 John 2:15
... The other scripture I have been meditating on. A couple of weeks ago, I answered a question on Formspring about the three things of mine that I love. On Sunday, we discussed the flood in church and how people were so lost and so sad because of their stuff. This scripture comes into play, because my pastor, Darrion's dad, said that anything that they lost in the flood was just stuff... Stuff lost for a reason; stuff that can be replaced. He said that we should all be thankful and grateful that God spared our lives from the storms. Upon hearing that, I realized that I have a lot of physical attachments that I need to get rid of.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Tell me about them below.