... YUPP! I MADE IT! ^_^ The audition itself wasn't as nerve wrecking as I thought it would be. It was more so the whole waiting process... the time I spent waiting to hear when it was my turn to go in. I was really excited when I found out that I made it. They're not supposed to tell you immediately whether or not you made the audition. They're supposed to let you know in a letter. The guy loved me so much, he was like "We would LOVE to have you on our drumline." It made me really happy... so happy that I forgot about everything else for a while. I think I left my coat there in one of their practice rooms... =/ I'll never see that coat again.
On Monday, they're sending me a letter that officially states that I've made the marching band. Hopefully, it will include the summer practice dates for the drumline/percussion. I'm really excited now. I just hope that the band budget isn't a whole bunch of money. If it is, I might end up using my extra scholarship/grant money and shit to pay for it... Idk yet. The thing I'm really gonna need to adjust to is the color orange. I despise that color with a passion. It's just so... Idk, ugly. Glen and I went into this big UT athletic apparel store today, and I almost freaked out. There was just orange EVERYWHERE!
But yeaa... Other than that loverly accomplishment, I drove over 100 miles today on the way back from Knoxville. Once we hit the "68 miles to Nashville" point, I let Glen drive again. I didn't wanna drive the whole way... 100 miles was enough for me, lol. I'm glad I got a little practice in though. I have to drive out there all by myself in June when I go to my summer orientation. I admit... I'm scared as hell, cause I don't think I'll be able to stay awake. I need to do something with this sleeping problem of mine.
But yeaa... Other than that loverly accomplishment, I drove over 100 miles today on the way back from Knoxville. Once we hit the "68 miles to Nashville" point, I let Glen drive again. I didn't wanna drive the whole way... 100 miles was enough for me, lol. I'm glad I got a little practice in though. I have to drive out there all by myself in June when I go to my summer orientation. I admit... I'm scared as hell, cause I don't think I'll be able to stay awake. I need to do something with this sleeping problem of mine.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Tell me about them below.