Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Day 01: Your middle name and how you feel about it.

I don't tell people my middle name mainly because I hate having to pronounce it. It's Vietnamese, you're not going to understand it unless well, you speak Vietnamese. In Vietnamese, it's written like this:


On my birth certificate, it is written like this: Nhu-Y. Why? I do not know. I guess because the English language can't decipher the fact that it's clearly separated. Whatever.

Anyway... My parents told me that it basically means that I get everything that I want, that I get everything my way. It makes a lot of sense, because I do like to have things go my way. It fits me perfectly, bahaha.

As for the question of whether I like it or not? Sure I do. Why? Because it's unique. Not many Vietnamese people (that I know anyway) have that name. As a matter of fact, I'm the only one. Will I go around telling everyone what my middle name is and how to pronounce it? HELL NAHH! Why? Because it's way too much work on my part. Out of all of my friends, maybe one or two people can pronounce it... Leah included.


2 comments:

  1. "Nyuu'Eee" Except more Vietnamese sounding. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, that last comment was from me, Leah!!! I'm on my friends' laptop! Hahahahah

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Questions? Concerns? Tell me about them below.