Saturday night was UT against Oregon. Everyone (including me) said that Oregon was going to beat us simply because they started off their season defeating a team 72-0! And even though we stomped the shit outta UT Martin last Saturday, the team played terribly, and there were huge questions on whether our team was up to par with the Fucks Ducks. Our entire football team in general, I believe, is pretty questionable this season. I don't know much about football — actually, I don't know anything about it at all. I never watched college football until I got to college, and even NOW, I don't watch it like that. Not that I don't want to... It's the fact that I can't. I have to focus on playing the damn music. -_-
Saturday was just a whole bunch of BULLSHIT, and not because we lost to Oregon 48-13 either. My day started off with waking up at 9:45 to take a shower. After that was done and over with and after I got dressed and ate breakfast (Honey Nut Cheerios), I grabbed all my shit (my band uniform, hat box, music, backpack, etc.) and made my way down to the lobby and out of the building. As soon as I got to the lobby, I saw it was raining massively outside, so I grabbed my umbrella which just so happened to be in my backpack from the day before and went on my way.
Side note: Do you know how incredibly difficult it is to hold a uniform bag and an umbrella at the same time?
Anyway... It was raining so hard that we had to start rehearsal indoors. We did a couple of run throughs of Pre-Game and Show 2, and then, they distributed our raincoats, and we went outside to march. I kept my hood up with the intention of keeping my face and my glasses DRY, but that didn't work out. As I marched and played, my hood fell and water splashed all over my face. It just annoyed the fuck outta me. On top of that, I didn't wanna be there, so my mind wasn't 100% focused. When we did Pre-Game, I messed up at the same part I always mess up on NOT KNOWING that I mess up... and as usual, the damn tenor squad leader yelled at me. That is what started the chain effect of pissed off Jenn. I was so mad, I just called my boyfriend and cried. I was pissed for the rest of the day.
Can't you tell? *side eye*
I'm mad no one told me my hat was crooked though. Smh.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Tell me about them below.