Hey... Do you see that? Do you see that? If not, let me tell you what it says. It reads UNDER 17 REQUIRES ACCOMPANYING PARENT OR ADULT GUARDIAN. Do you know what that means? Do you?! Huh, do you?! It means that I am allowed to view Rated R movies, because I am 17! The point of this blog entry? To tell you guys about this lil' story...
Ever since I turned 17, I've been watching Rated R movies. No one ever seemed to question my age, because I would happily show them my ID. Last weekend, my best friend, Darrion, and I went to the Malco Roxy Theatre in Smyrna and watched She's Out of My League, a Rated R movie. Tonight, I tried to watch Shutter Island, another Rated R movie, with my boyfriend, and they said I couldn't get in because I wasn't 18 yet! I was like WTF?! These movie theatre ppl SERIOUSLY need to get on their shit and do their jobs right, because I'm tired of being confused.
What I don't understand, however, is WHYY in the hell is it TN state law that you have to be 18 years of age or older in order to view a Rated R movie? I just don't get it! Do they NOT think that we 17-year-olds are mature enough to view movies on our own? I mean... they let us DRIVE with adult licenses on our own... They let us do a whole bunch of OTHER shit on our own... But the MOVIES?! SERIOUSLY?! *sigh* I give up, ya'll.

Arghhh. I feel the same way. Idk if I can or cannot and then I don't wanna go and get embarrassed when they say I can't see the movie. SMH.
ReplyDelete