The story says that he was parked in a fire line outside of a bar when a fight broke out. When police approached his car and knocked on his window, he sped off, hitting two policemen. The officers fired two shots, one of which killed him. Authorities of NYC are currently investigating his death.
Read the story here.
The biggest question right now, is
Was gunfire really necessary?
Now, I don't know how the system works in New York, or in the rest of the country for that matter, but I think shooting at a car that's speeding off his a little much. I understand that officers reserve the right to fire if they feel as if they are deliberatly endangered, but they don't know what went on that night. They don't know why the football player sped off or if his intentions were even hurt the police officers.
It's a cruel, cruel world out there...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments? Questions? Concerns? Tell me about them below.